Sunday, July 30, 2006

Episode 011

We miss the seasons.

Episode 011: "Summer Stories"

HMNB011.mp3 [24.0mb (52:25) 64kps]



Music Featured in This Episode:


Track: "Before and Again"
Artist: Akron/Family
Album: Akron/Family
Buy from Insound



Track: "Hi-Fi"
Artist: M. Ward
Album: Transistor Radio
Buy from Insound


Track: "Holland"
Artist: Sufjan Stevens
Album: Greetings from Michigan: The Great Lakes State
Buy from Insound



Track: "Please Tell My Brother"
Artist: Golden Smog
Album: Weird Tales
Buy from Unsound


1 comment:

Jonathan said...

Hey guys... I come from Springfield, IL and Nathan totally hit the nail on the head about "going home". I feel the same way about my hometown. There was no growth potential for me there. At best I would have been a weatherman on the local affiliate tv station. Yeah, that would have been something, but it's not where I wanted to be. I felt limited by the people surrounding me. Their small ideas.

It's funny I listened to this today because I've recently been reconnecting with my graduating class ('89) and it's depressing. Most of them are still living there, divorced, not that exciting jobs, etc. But maybe they are happy. I can't impose my open mindedness and willing to be out in the world onto them. But it makes me reflect back on where I've been...

I, personally, am glad to be in LA. I miss my family. And it's ok to visit. But I sure as heck don't want to live there anymore.